There is an odd phenomenon where I live. I often get invited to a home, but it's to sell me something. Or get me to join an MLM. What happened to a good old fashion girls' get together, with no agenda and no need for my checkbook? Or an agenda, but one that includes mostly snacking and chatting?
I miss friendship. Simple friendship. Everyone is so busy with spouses, children, work. I guess I should take matters into my own hands and invite some girls over for my homemade chili, no purse required. Just show up ready to nosh and laugh. The last time I had a moment like that was with the guys in my writers' group a week or so ago. We met at Starbucks. I brought a baguette to go with our hot beverages and we caught up on each other's lives. Oh, and talked about our writing projects.
This week's challenge to myself: Plan a little shin dig at my house, in January, so I'm not competing with the holidays. I'll have a theme, like PJs. We'll do some yoga in PJs then eat chili. Sound random? Good, that's the point. Just a random excuse for girls to get together. Or! Or--wait for it--I can make it a Healthy 2015 Goal-Setting Party. Like New Year's Resolutions but better, because goals happen, resolutions are forgotten.
I'm starting to love this little blog. No one reads it, but it certainly helps me add some shape to my otherwise pointless and meandering life that seems to be defined, of late, by only a job that provides little meaning and uses only a fraction of my talents.
Off to Evite I go!
xo, t
No comments:
Post a Comment